Vessel Supervisor – Portland, UK
- Post Date:26th November 2020
- Views 566
Manor Renewable Energy (MRE) was established in 2013 and has rapidly become recognised for our knowledge and expertise in delivering temporary power and engineering solutions offshore.
Now the UK’s leading provider, we are capable of dealing with the many and varied challenges encountered on offshore wind projects globally; we bring together the expertise and experience of our teams of marine and engineering professionals to assist us with the growing industry demand for efficient and reliable offshore solutions.
MRE operates a fleet of windfarm support vessels ranging from 21 – 26m LOA and we are recruiting a Vessel Supervisor to join our team in the Dorset office based in Portland Port, Castletown.
In the job role of Vessel Supervisor, working for MRE, you will be one of the company’s interfaces between the vessel crew and management with regards to vessel operation and maintenance. You will work closely with the Fleet Managers to ensure required standards are achieved.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to for all vessels within the fleet:
- Management of stores, inventory & spares
- Assist with ensuring Flag, Class & windfarm compliance
- Assist with planning and execution of repairs, refit & planned maintenance
- Monitoring the implementation of MRE policy & procedure through vessel visits and internal audit
- Ensuring the crew work effectively and follow safe working practices as defined in MRE procedures
- Notifying the Fleet Managers immediately of any defects which may detrimentally affect ship’s or environmental safety
- Review and update of vessel SMS and all related documentation in consultation with the Fleet Managers
To be considered for this role, candidates should have the following as a minimum:
- Background in vessel operations
- All basic STCW certificates and Medical including a first aid certificate within the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of marine machinery and systems
- Understanding of coding & commercial compliance
- Excellent IT skills
- Confident interpersonal communication skills are important as well as being a team player
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to think problems through logically
- A calm and professional manner
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
Competitive remuneration package with 25 days holiday + bank holidays a year, pension, with a competitive starting wage dependant on skills and qualifications. Full time 37 ½ hr week. Full training & support will be provided where necessary and appropriate.
Must have the right to work in the UK.
Related Jobs (8)
Oceanographer: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021
Geophysics & Coastal Processes: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent