- Post Date:3rd July 2019
- Views 604
- Rank SuperintendentOffered Salary £40,000-£49,999Salary £39,689- £49,611
Job reference: 000811
Closing date: 02/08/2019
Salary: £39,689- £49,611
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: as by CLA
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for a technical superintendent to be based out of our Hull port, this job will be looking after all aspects of ship safety and eminence making sure that there is minimal downtime within our fleet. You will be working and managing a team that is tasked with the general maintenance and major refits for our two overnight ROPAX ships.
You will be reporting to the technical operations manager who will oversee the long term plans for the fleet and providing guidance around regulations and safety. Your role will be operational in nature making sure that any disruption in service is kept to a minimum and fixing issues before they happen. You will have some responsibility over budget and staff, allocating each to make sure that they are used in the most efficient manner.
There will be a lot of work around internal safety management system and security audits as well making sure that that ships are meeting both governmental and regulatory standards. You will tasked with a certain level of procurement activity, obtaining parts and services at the most budget conscious level.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following experience:
– 1st class certificate of competency (deck or engine) equivalent
– A clear understanding of maritime operational issues
– The ability to work with colleagues in different cross functional teams
– Ideally experience of dealing with ROPAX overnight ships
– Experience of refits and major drydocking
– An excellent working knowledge of ship safety and general ship maintenance
– Experience of managing staff and budgets.
If you are interesting in this shore based role please click on the link below and apply today!