- Post Date:25th November 2021
- Apply Before: 31st December 2021
- Views 241
- Rank SuperintendentVessel Type FerriesLocation Type Shortsea
- Offered Salary Negotiable
Seatruck Ferries have an opportunity for a Technical Superintendent to join the Fleet and Crewing Department, managing a fleet of owned and chartered Ro-Ro Cargo Ferries, operating predominantly in the Irish Sea and Northern Europe
Applicants should be qualified to a minimum STCW 95 III/2 (Class 2 Second Engineer) level and previous experience of roro vessels and operations would be advantageous, although not considered essential.
The role is equally suited to candidates with previous shore/ship management experience or a seagoing engineer looking for the first move ashore.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of technical vessel operations and statutory requirements is essential. Applicants should also possess excellent communication and management skills to work closely with external organisations and internal departments including Operations, Safety, Marine, Commercial and Accounts.
Seatruck Ferries are a forward thinking, progressive company offering a rewarding and challenging career with flexibility and an attractive package.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2021
All candidates should have the right to work in the UK
TECHNICAL SUPERINTENTDENT (RORO) VACANCY
Technical Superintendent working with the Fleet and Crewing Department, responsible for a fleet of Ro-Ro Cargo Ferries.
The company has offices in Heysham, Liverpool, Warrenpoint and Dublin. Candidates with a proximity to Heysham or Liverpool would be preferred although not essential. The company offers a flexible working environment including remote working from home.
The roles would suit an experienced Superintendent with previous ship management experience or a seagoing engineer looking for their first move ashore.
- Responsible for the general and technical management of Ro-Ro Cargo Ferries in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring vessels are maintained in a safe and seaworthy condition in accordance with Flag, Class and Company requirements.
- Responsibilities include day to day management, maintenance and repair, budget planning, survey schedules and internal audits/inspections.
- Preparing vessels for dry dock/refit in accordance with budget requirements.
- Coordinating with all 3rd party organisations including Flag, Class, Insurers and Suppliers.
- Full familiarity and understanding of ISM and ISPS codes
- Working closely with internal departments including Operations, Safety, Marine, Commercial, Crewing and HR.
- Conducting periodic appraisals of Senior Officers.
- Participating in the Crisis Management Team
- Seagoing experience with minimum STCW 95 III/2 (2nd Engineer Class 2 certificate)
- Previous shore / ship management would be beneficial but not essential
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Competitive salary + package + benefits
- Benefits including company car allowance and pension
- Flexible working arrangements
- Working for a market leading, progressive, forward-thinking organisation