- Post Date:2nd October 2019
- Apply Before: 2nd November 2019
- Views 263
- Rank TechnicalSalary Competitive
Job Title: Technical Engineer
The role is based at the Company’s head office in Newry, Co. Down and will involve international travel. The successful Applicant will become part of this dynamic and award winning Company’s expanding technical team and will play a key role in supporting the delivery of contract whilst benefitting from career development.
The Technical Engineer will provide marine engineering support to the Company which will include but will not be limited to, plumbing and pipe work, HVAC work, electrical work, USPH compliance, catering, stainless steel and structural work.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of technical services as per contractual requirements
- Providing Departmental support and guidance on Technical matters
- Preparation of Technical specifications
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers of technical materials, equipment and services
- Preparation of technical specifications for materials & equipment, issuing quotation requests, evaluating quotations received and negotiating supplier terms and pricing
- Preparation and submission of requisitions
- Ensuring timely delivery of materials ordered
- Ensuring Document Control protocols are followed
- Co-ordination and monitoring of technical warranty clauses.
- Provide technical expertise at a post contract review to support the continued development of MJM service offerings.
- Vessel attendance to carry out pre-condition services, to determine scope and to provide technical support during contract execution phase
- Attendance at meetings to represent the Company’s technical department
Relevant 3rd level qualification with at least 2 years previous experience working in the technical department of a construction related industry or 5 years previous experience working in the technical department of a construction related industry
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
- The right to work and live in the UK
- Previous experience working in the Technical Department of a marine fit-out company
- Competent in Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of marine technical regulations
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the following link;
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this job’
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
For further information contact Emma Keenan on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 3025 8450