- Post Date:6th January 2020
- Views 430
Irish Naval Service Electrical Artificer
Currently there are opportunities for fully qualified electricians within the Irish Naval Service. As an Electrical Artificer within the Irish Naval Service you will learn to manage, maintain and crew the ship as well as keeping it operational. A Leading Electrical Artificer (L/EA) will be trained to perform the roles and responsibilities of an L/EA at sea and ashore, where selected candidates will be responsible to the ship’s Marine Engineering Officer for the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical/electronic equipment on board. Through this path you will become a Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) in charge of your respective department. If you are looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career, you fit the criteria and enjoy being part of a team, click on the link below and begin your application.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have attained the required minimum educational qualifications at the time of entry into the Naval Service.
A candidate for enlistment as an Electrical Artificer (EA) must have completed one of the following:
- HETAC Level 7 Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- HETAC Level 7 Degree in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent).
- HETAC Level 7 Degree in Applied Physics and Instrumentation (or equivalent).
- HETAC Level 7 Degree in Marine Electro technology.
- FAS/SSOLAS QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Electrical.
- FAS/SSOLAS QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Electrical Instrumentation.
- FAS/SSOLAS QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Instrumentation.
- National equivalent of any of the above.
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent