Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master)
- Post Date:8th April 2021
- Apply Before: 7th May 2021
- Views 49
- Salary Competitive
As a Senior Deck Officer in the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), you’ll be central to the Replenishment at Sea operations that provide vital support to the Royal Navy, all over the world. Delivering fuel, food, ammunition and supplies to our warships is no easy task, and you’ll make sure it happens safely and efficiently. You’ll also take responsibility for assisting Royal Marines as part of amphibious operations, and be part of your ship’s management team. It’s a role that is as challenging as it is rewarding, and from day one you’ll be on your way to a career that’s the ultimate in civilian seamanship. The Certificate of Competency you have will determine which level you enter the RFA.
To apply for this role you must have:
- CoC Chief Mate (unlimited) or CoC Master (unlimited)
- At least 12 months remaining validity on your MCA issued Unlimited ETO CoC, with adequate relevant sea time required to revalidate.
- A UK Seafarers ENG1 Medical, which must have been issued with 2 year unrestricted validity, with at least 12 months validity remaining.
- All mandatory Manila amendment STCW seafarer certification (MIN469 refers) with at least 12 months remaining validity.
The benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Voyage Leave (EVL) of 21 days for every month spent on board ship
- Membership of a Civil Service Pension Scheme
- World-class training
- Potential to travel the world
- Further MCA qualifications fully supported by the RFA
- Military Navigation and Warfare training
- The ability to lead and manage a highly skilled team
For further information and to apply visit:
Related Jobs (2)
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent