- Post Date:13th February 2019
- Views 313
- Rank Safety & SecurityVessel Type Oil tankersOffered Salary £30,000-£39,999
- Salary €35000 - €37000 per annum
Faststream are currently working with a German ship-owner operating and managing a fleet of Tankers. All operations strive and succeed to meet the stringent safety / environmental requirements of the industry, which allows the company’s vessels to provide services to the wider shipping world. They follow a rigorous maintenance programme which is always kept up to date and at the moment they are looking to expand their safety team with the addition of an experienced QHSE Officer.
The Safety Officer works within the Ship Management Team and reports directly to the QHSE Manager and acts on his behalf on all quality, health, safety and environmental matters related to the companies Gas and Chemical Tankers.
Examples of responsibilities:
* Dealing with Vetting & Class Survey administration
* Performs any other specific responsibilities and tasks assigned to him by the Management.
* Provides cover for the QHSE Manager within the Emergency Response Team role and co-ordinates the research team in the event of incidents involving a high risk of injury and/or damage;
The ideal candidate must:
Hold excellent knowledge of Safety & QA systems
Previous work experience in the marine industry, preferably offshore
Have an excellent command of both German and English
Have working knowledge of ISM & DPA responsibilities
Have a genuine interest in QHSE administrative tasks
If an opportunity like this is something you wish to pursue, please provide an up to date CV for review.
Contact name: Ross McGrane
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone number: +44 (0) 2380 208842