Procurement Manager - Marine
- Post Date:16th August 2019
- Views 780
- Offered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary £32,648- £40,810 per annum
Procurement Manager – Marine
Job reference: 000848
Closing date: 20/09/2019
Salary: £32,648- £40,810 per annum
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5
We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Manager to take charge of our marine supplies. This is a new role for the business looking to drive further cost savings across our 14 ships so this will be perfect for someone looking to make their mark on an organisation. You will develop relationships with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers to foster partnership and long term savings.
Initially you will be meeting with key people from all of the internal departments to help understand what the current marine spend looks like. From this initial perspective you will be tasked with developing policies and work with external suppliers on a partnership bases to help drive cost savings. You will define ‘success’ by drawing out information from a number of sources and using that information to help deliver solutions to the business.
You will also be creating category management plans in the defined category area and reviewing and creating an aligned supplier base that will deliver quality and commercial competitiveness.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a multimillion pound business that needs discipline and focus in its biggest spending department.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- An understanding and experience of strategic category sourcing tools and techniques
- Experience of e-auctions and online tenders
- Experience of eRFX & RFI procedures
- Strong Analytical / financial skills
- Experience of strategic sourcing
- Strong marine procurement experience ideally from within the ferries or passenger ship industries but we would be happy from someone within the wider marine environment
- Practical experience of delivering lowest total cost of ownership solutions
- Bringing people and resources together
- It would be beneficial if you had experience of the maritime or transport industry
If you want to be involved at the start of something special then apply today using the following link:
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent