Procurement Category Specialist
- Post Date:24th January 2019
- Views 328
- Rank TechnicalVessel Type Cruise shipsOffered Salary £40,000-£49,999
- Salary £40000 - £45000 per annum
Faststream’s Client are keen to meet experienced Procurement Category Specialists with a background in Cruise, Hotel or Hospitality industry.
As the Category Specialist you will focus on both the Hotel and Technical aspects of the business.You will be responsible for the purchasing, planning and logistics of all owner supplied items for the upcoming vessel new build projects as well as operational needs for the current fleet (and offices). You will ensure the best product quality, provisioning, cost and overall standards to enable the projects to run smoothly and to schedule.
– You will work to the company standard procedures and policies to procure Hotel and Technical goods/services
-You will source and select the best suppliers in the market by reviewing comprehensive details regarding value, delivery schedules and quality.(Allowing you to make a clear comparisons and analyse the best quality/price option.)
– Managing and liaise with multiple stakeholders across the business and internationally to establish a clear and concise category plan (identify the specific sub-category requirements).
– Monitoring service, quality and good schedules/deliveries will be very important
– Negotiate with external providers for best price and overall agreement will also be key.
– Manage RFQ and bids phases utilising the company tracking and comparison system
– Produce monthly/quarterly reports covering supplier performance (in reference to SLA’s/ KPI’s)
– 5 years’ experience within a similar role including strategic sourcing (Hotel/Hospitality or Cruise – These sector are ESSENTIAL)
– Experience of using Procurement systems
– A high level of PC literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, such as vlookup, pivot tables etc (ESSENTIAL)
– Strong analytical skills
– Good relationship management skills
– Certification from (or working towards) Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) (preferred but not essential)
Candidates will receive active role training and work alongside an industry leading procurement team. You will receive a true chance to grow and develop in the business while receiving a very competitive market salary and benefits.
Please submit your updated CV/resume to submit your interest or contact Aaron.Giles@faststream.com
Contact name: Aaron M Giles
Contact phone number: 02380 208 760