Principal Marine Electronics Engineer
- Post Date:19th February 2019
- Views 297
- Rank EngineerOffered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary £38000 - £42000 per annum + Car, Overtime, Pension
Principal Marine Electronics Engineer
Salary: £38,000-£42,000 + Company Car + Overtime + Pension
By their experience and training, a Principal Engineer is a Marine Electronics Engineer who can undertake small projects and lead a team of Engineers in their day-to-day duties both on-board ships and in the workshop / office.
The post holder will work with the Regional Manager and office Sales Administrator to ensure a profitable operation and develop and maintain client relationships.
In addition to their technical role, the Principle Engineer duties include; efficient management of the engineering and support resources, customer services and driving transactional sales for their offices.
This role is a direct report to the Regional Manager
1. Will lead the team of direct report Electronics Engineers to supervise activities and provide mentoring.
2. Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customer’s vessels and premises.
3. Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customer’s vessels and premises and on company premises.
4. Providing technical support to customers and the company’s sales and service agents.
5. Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
6. Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Administrator to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
7. Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditation’s and experience.
8. Provide quotes to local customers for transactional and service business.
9. To assist the sales team in using established personal contact and rapport with local customers to help with sales in other business areas.
This role is full time and will require regular travel both in the UK and overseas. As this is a service role, there is a reasonable expectation for flexibility with working hours and willingness to undertake overtime. There will also be an element of office-based working. Use of display screen equipment is also required. Security clearance may also be necessary.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge…
* A HND/HNC technical qualification or similar training in an electronics discipline is essential.
* Relevant and recent marine navigation and communications domain knowledge regarding the technology on board ships is essential.
* Technical knowledge and competency, able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Regulations surrounding the Marine industry as well as a broad knowledge of electronics products.
* Past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of the wider maritime community is essential.
* Technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of Marine electronics. Experienced in engineering management and team leadership is essential.
* Excellent communicator, able to express ideas in both written and verbal form to a variety of audience’s.
* Proven ability to think in an entrepreneurial way and apply good commercial business sense, considering the implications of the larger industry and business to the decision making process.
* Proven experience in Leadership and supporting a business, preferably able to demonstrate past supervision of installation projects. Must have keen skills in motivation, decision making and influencing others.
* Technical competency, able to show an in depth understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the marine industry as well as knowledge of electronics engineering.
* Working knowledge of the UK maritime market including relevant suppliers.
* Good track record in customer service, sales or other applicable role in which customer contact was critical to success.
* Demonstrate and have skills to lead, manage and organise small projects
* GMDSS operator’s certificate
* Radio survey experience
* BOSIET or OLF certification
* Experience working for a marine electronics service company
* Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
* A full drivers licence is required.
Contact name: Rory Edwards
Contact email: Rory.Edwards@faststream.com
Contact phone number: 02380208723
Related Jobs (5)
Oceanographer: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021
Geophysics & Coastal Processes: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent