Port Operations Manager
- Post Date:15th July 2019
- Views 510
- Rank ManagerVessel Type FerriesSalary £46,606- £58,257 per annum
Port Operations Manager
Job reference: 000824
Closing date: 26/07/2019
Salary: £46,606- £58,257 per annum
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Port Operations
Division: Overnight ROPAX
Hours per year: 1950 per annum
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for a port manager to help develop our operational and strategic activity for our port operations in Liverpool. You will be supporting the Head of Ports across all Business Unit to make sure that all port activities are safe, cost effective, exceed customer expectations and engage employees.
The role will be developing and implementing a strategy that will allow the port to thrive and become an exceptional location for P&O. You will be managing multiple P&O and agency staff alongside an extensive budget making sure that the port is as efficient as possible. Safety will be one of your key criteria and you will make sure that it is as the forefront of all operations and effective risk assessments are undertaken.
You will make sure that all resources are effectively used and will be able to turnaround vessels within specified guidelines. Customer service should be at the heart at everything you do and you will make sure that you and your team are providing exceptional customer service to both our tourist and freight traffic.
Your staff management duties will include the day to day supervision of all your staff and you will also be looking after training needs and staff wellbeing.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Experienced in Port Operations
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff and teams
- Able to deliver high quality customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to meet the changing needs of the business and work across all Business Unit locations
- Effective communication skills
- Experience in the requirements of Maritime Security(particularly ISPS) and have established experience working with security providers
- Experienced in Safety Management.
- Commercially focused with the ability to lead and motivate people and deliver change in the short and longer term
- Demonstrable experience of budget preparation and monitoring
- Good IT skills
- Ability to analyse and produce analytical data
If you are interested in this role please click on the link below to apply.