Policy Manager – VTM
- Post Date:15th August 2019
- Views 387
- Salary From £37,428 - £41,173
Are you an experienced Marine Professional with an in-depth knowledge / understanding of Vessel Traffic Management and associated legislation?
Are you looking for a role where you can utilise your fantastic communication skills and provide an excellent service to a wide spectrum of the UK’s maritime stakeholders?
Do you want to work within a successful and inclusive, multi-disciplinary team as the subject matter expert, shaping decisions which will contribute directly to the safety of UK waters for maritime traffic?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Marine Professional who has the skills to join the Navigation Safety Branch as a Policy Manager Vessel Traffic Management (VTM). This role will be based on site in Southampton where the successful candidate will work under the direction of the `Head of Navigation’ to help meet the Government’s maritime strategy for ‘Safer Ships and Cleaner Seas’
Your Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Representing the MCA and providing support to national and international Vessel Traffic Services working groups.
- Development and maintenance of UK policies and strategies on traffic routeing, reporting and monitoring and the use of Vessel Traffic Services through liaison with and consideration of all stakeholders.
- Maintaining UK training standards for Vessel Traffic Services personnel and the accreditation and auditing of UK Training Organisations.
- Ensure that Vessel Traffic Services operated on behalf of the MCA, are operated satisfactorily and agreed standards are maintained.
- To be our subject matter expert; to chair the Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) policy steering group and liaise with all customers and stakeholders in such a way as to convey a professional, considerate and flexible image of the organization and provide an efficient and effective service internally and externally.
You will be an experienced maritime professional with a proven track record within the maritime industry and ideally, time spent within a VTM/Port environment (management experience being advantageous). Are you looking for a chance to expand your knowledge (VTS/VTM) within an organisation that celebrates growth and change? Do you pride yourself on your excellent communication skills, in particular the ability to work in collaboration with training organisations, designated VTS authorities and VTS user groups towards the successful achievement of business goals and objectives?
If so we would love to hear from you.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to communicate complex information to others, with the capability to provide guidance and informed decisions at all levels of the business.
For this role, it’s essential to be able to proactively manage your workload whilst retaining focus on the key priorities of the department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a team who pride themselves on their ability to make a difference, a department that matters and people that save lives.
When writing your personal statement please tailor it to provide evidence of your experience in the maritime industry and your knowledge/experience of Vessel Traffic Management/Ports.
There is scope for the right candidate to start their employment at the top of the SEO pay scale. The successful candidate will receive a £3,000 recruitment and retention bonus.
SEO Salary Scale: From £37,428 – £41,173
Retention Bonus: £3,000
Related Jobs (1)
Trainee Marine Pilot on 18th December 2020