Offshore Master Mariner - Surveyor/Consultant
- Post Date:7th February 2019
- Views 741
- Rank MasterLocation Type OffshoreOffered Salary £50,000 or more
- Salary €80000 - €90000 per annum + Benefits
Offshore Master Mariner – Surveyor/Consultant
My client is recruiting a qualified (STCW Class 1 certification) Master Mariner with DP and/or marine warranty experience. Based in Hamburg the role will require frequent site and offshore work on our worldwide oil, gas and renewable energy projects. Office-based work consists of a variety of technical and procedural reviews, and marine study reports. Subject areas include transport and installation of offshore structures, vessel specifications and upgrades. Risk analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, for offshore operations will form part of studied procedure reviews. Site and offshore work includes supervision and approval of marine operations, vessel IMCA and suitability surveys and safety audits.
Marine insurance warranty work forms a major part of my client’s offshore activities. In addition, offshore work may include Clients representative during offshore installation works.
Applicants will have experience with anchor handling and rig moving, tow and/or supply operations and ideally DP experience gained as a certificated DP operator. The suitable candidate will have a broad spectrum of experience of the identified marine works and will be capable of producing high quality documentation in the form of technical reports. Previous experience of tanker vetting and ship inspection regimes (e.g. OCIMF, IMCA auditing) is a distinct advantage.
You must be a good communicator, with particular skills in technical reporting, and able to work within a small team as well as independently.
In return they offer a varied and challenging career with professional development, competitive remuneration and the opportunity to join a fast moving and growing consultancy.
The successful candidate will hold the following skills and qualifications:
* STCW Class 1 qualified Master Mariner (unlimited)
* Command experience on board DP2/DP3 vessels
* Certified DP operator
* Experience of FMEA’s and annual DP trials
* Qualified SMS/LRQA auditor
* Experience of ship inspection regimes eg IMCA/OCIMF auditing
* Experience in anchor handling, rig moving and tow operations
* Onshore marine management is desirable
The key dimensions of the role include:
* Review procedures and attend the transport and installation of offshore structures
* Undertake DP annual trials
* Review of vessel specifications and upgrades
* Undertaking risk studies including FMEA and FMECA
* Project management of marine projects
* Preparing proposals for bids and tenders
* Liaising with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction
In addition, the role will require offshore attendance including:
* Supervision and approval of marine operations
* Conducting IMCA suitability surveys and safety audits
* Acting as the Marine Warranty Surveyor or Client Representative during offshore installation projects
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* Attention to detail and a high level of technical accuracy
* Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
* Proactive, able to show initiative in problem solving
* Able to demonstrate skilled knowledge in analysing technical solutions
* Understands the value of effective client relationships and works towards meeting expectations and improving satisfaction
Contact name: Simon Grant
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone number: +44 2380 208765