MNTB Training and Careers Manager
- Post Date:20th August 2021
- Views 234
- Rank ManagerVessel Type Shore-basedLocation Type Shore
- Offered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary £34,000 per annum
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £34,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, 2-year fixed term contract
Closing date for applications: 1700 on Friday 3 September 2021
To apply: please submit an up-to-date CV and a short supporting statement detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to be part of a high-profile, industry-leading body supporting seafarer training and recruitment? Are you thinking about your next career challenge?
We are seeking a Training and Careers Manager to co-ordinate and support activities relating to the Maritime Educational Foundation (MEF) strategic plan and to undertake the development and support of ‘Careers at Sea’ and ‘Careers at Sea and Beyond’ brands for Merchant Navy career and progression opportunities.
- Provide ‘Careers at Sea’ and ‘Careers at Sea and Beyond’ function for the industry. Co-ordinate the careers activities of the MNTB; develop marketing and promotional strategies and related materials. Provide update report on outcomes to the MNTB Main Board.
- Develop and manage the Careers at Sea Ambassador programme.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop career development strategies.
- Co-ordinate requests for MNTB Training Record Books and Ambassador materials through external supplier.
- Support and regularly update the websites and social media activities of Careers at Sea, Careers at Sea and Beyond and MNTB. Develop blogs and articles detailing the work of the three brands to promote to a wider audience.
- Provide secretariat support for all Apprenticeship Committee meetings, supply regular reports to Main Board and other committees as appropriate.
- Undertake MEF cadet function, including regular monitoring activities, induction courses and MEF Board meeting reports as required.
- Provide administrative support for Maritime Educational Foundation (MEF) activities, covering grant applications, specific grant-funded projects and funding summaries for MEF Board meetings.
- Co-ordinate MEF website and social media activity. Provide statistics on social media activity for MEF Board meetings.
- Manage the administrative processes for the Chamber Recognition Services function.
Skills and qualifications
- Sea-going experience (preferred but not essential)
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly acquire an understanding of seafarer training and qualifications
- Positive, flexible and proactive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects at a time
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivating with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to deadlines
- A team worker and self-starter/ finisher, where no task is below them
- Good knowledge of IT, MS Office applications, and social media
- The role may involve some travel within the UK.
- Any offer of employment is conditional, subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Company benefits include
- 26 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Stakeholder Pension Plan (Scheme)
- A range of other benefits including health care benefits, life insurance, and interest free season ticket loans after successful completion of probationary period.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply now with an up-to-date CV and a short supporting statement. If you cannot submit two separate documents, please add your supporting statement as a separate page to the top of your CV.
Interviews are expected to be held remotely in early September 2021.