- Post Date:6th March 2020
- Views 476
Permanent and Temporary/41 hours per week/Southampton/No onboard Accommodation
Red Funnel is the original Isle of Wight ferry company with a history spanning 150 years. Today, we’re a modern, integrated transport, travel and leisure company carrying over 3 million passengers and freight every year, between Southampton and the Isle of Wight.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Chief Officers to join us, working onboard our Ro Ro Ferries and Hi Speed craft. As part of a dynamic and professional team, your focus will be on ensuring that our boats are operated in a safe and efficient manner. You’ll work closely with the Master of the vessel, assisting at the helm while approaching and manoeuvring in the harbour, carrying out drills and checks on safety equipment, and planning and undertaking the loading/discharge operations.
You will have the chance to continuously utilise your skill set as we operate in one of the busiest stretches of water in the world, with a range of different crafts and boats to navigate, along with a vibrant on-board culture and great customers. We are an organisation with a long and prestigious history and you will be part of an extremely supportive crew with a wide range of knowledge and experience.
Hours are based on a 41 per week, working on a rostered shift system covering a 22-hour operation, over 7 days a week. Accommodation isn’t available on-board, so it’s key that you reside a commutable distance from our Southampton terminals. We have both permanent and temporary roles available.
In return for the skills and experience you bring to the role, we offer a great work life balance for you where you get to do the job you love and still go home and see your family before or after every shift. We also have a fantastic working environment, the opportunity to professionally develop and a range of great benefits, all packed into a culture which cares greatly about our customers and colleagues.
What we’re looking for from you:
- UK Certificate of Competency (CoC), minimum Officer of the Watch but preferably Chief Mate Unlimited or higher.
- A willingness to study for local PEC’s issued by the Competent Harbour Authorities.
- Valid medical certificate (ENG1).
- The ability to plan and organise effectively, ensuring communication is consistently provided across the operation.
- The confidence to make decisions as and when required, with strong leadership skills.
- A drive and determination to achieve the highest level of care, safety and customer service.
- Good ship handling skills
Related Jobs (2)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Professional Yachting Association on 29th September 2020