Master – Fixed Term
- Post Date:11th March 2021
- Views 259
Wightlink is main link between the Isle of Wight and the mainland. Every year we carry over 4.6 million passengers, making us one of the UK’s largest domestic ferry operators. We provide Island residents with an easy and frequent service to the mainland, as well as giving millions of holidaymakers a taste of Island life.
We are also dedicated to giving excellent customer service and the best facilities on board and at our Terminals. We are truly a part of Island life and are proud to support IOW communities wherever we can from sports sponsorship to local regeneration projects.
We are looking to recruit a Master on our Lymington – Yarmouth service, on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract from April 2021. The successful candidate will hold a Master Unlimited Certificate of Competency and preferably have previous experience gained as a Master or Chief Officer working on ferries.
You will be required to show strong skills in: –
- Leadership and Management
- Ship handling
- Bridge Team Management
- On Board Operations
- Communication skills at all levels Afloat and Ashore.
- Crew Development.
As a Master you will lead the standards on board. These include: –
- The effective implementation and development of the Safety Management System
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Operational efficiency and punctuality
- Effective engagement by all Crew members with the customer
- Active support for the development of all aspects of customer service
- Prompt circulation of relevant Company operations and safety communications
- Crew performance, attendance and reliability
- Crew appearance and presentation
- Planned and Corrective Maintenance.
Working a notional 35 hour week you will be required to work across all days of the week including weekends and Bank holidays.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of travel and retail benefits and the opportunity to work at sea but still go home at night!
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Masterrecruitment@wightlink.co.uk detailing your reasons for applying, qualifications, skills and experience. Please include your contact details, address, landline and mobile telephone numbers.
Related Jobs (11)
Oceanographer: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021
Geophysics & Coastal Processes: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Machinery Engineer Surveyor – London on 18th March 2021
Pressure Engineer Surveyor – Maidstone on 18th March 2021