- Post Date:28th January 2020
- Views 782
- Rank MasterVessel Type FerriesSalary Competitive
Wightlink is one of the UK’s largest domestic ferry operators, providing a link between the Isle of Wight and the Hampshire mainland.
Due to additional services on our Lymington to Yarmouth route in 2020 we are actively seeking to recruit another Master. The successful candidate will hold a Master Unlimited Certificate of Competency and preferably have previous experience gained as Master or Chief Officer within the ferry industry.
You will be required to show strong skills in the following:-
Leadership and Management
Bridge Team Management
On Board Operations
Communication skills at all levels afloat and ashore.
As Master, you will lead standards on board, which include:-
- The effective implementation and development of the Safety Management System
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Operational efficiency and punctuality
- Effective engagement by all crew members with the customer
- Active support for the development of all aspects of customer service
- Prompt circulation of relevant company operations and safety communications
- Crew performance, attendance and reliability
- Crew appearance and presentation
- Planned and Corrective Maintenance.
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent working conditions and the opportunity to work at sea and return home at night.
Wightlink employees enjoy a comprehensive range of travel and retail benefits.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.