- Post Date:23rd July 2021
- Views 354
- Rank Deck officerVessel Type Oil tankersLocation Type Shore
- Offered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary Negotiable / Competiitive
Provide leadership / promote safety leadership and optimise operational performance of Hound Point Marine Terminal. Minimises shipping risk exposure by closely supervising tanker cargo handling operations providing the key interface between ship and shore. Ensures safe supervision of shift personnel and visiting staff/contractors. Optimise terminal performance in relation to charter party obligations, minimizing demurrage so far as safe operation permits.
- To ensure all activity on Hound Point is carried out safely and with primary focus given to Ineos FPS lifesaving rules and Process/Behavioural Safety Principles.
- Initiate appropriate response to an offshore/marine incident and perform as On Scene Commander for terminal incidents in support of the FPS Incident Management Team.
- Perform as Area Authority in planning, approving and documenting terminal related maintenance activity under eCOW, in conjunction HP Daywork Co-ordinator and asset planning team.
- To ensure all operations on the terminal are carried out in compliance with the Safety Management System, in particular company approved practice/procedure including equipment operating instructions and within equipment operating boundaries.
- To pre-plan and agree with tankers’ Masters and Chief Officers a safe and efficient programme for mooring and loading operations. Monitor ships operational safety alongside the berth and ensure that any deficiencies are reported to and immediately acted upon by vessels staff.
- Oversee loading operations ensuring oil or contaminated ballast is not discharged to sea and the planned loading programme is adhered to, preventing any compromise of ship’s structural integrity or stability.
- Ensure through rigorous self-verification that the operating and equipment standard of the tanker alongside is as demanded by shipping regulations and Ineos marine assurance standards.
- Assess and schedule tankers to available berths with regard to stock availability, characteristics of tankers and restrictions on jetties to optimise tanker turnaround times and terminal maintenance activity.
- Anticipate potential for demurrage exposure and initiate/perform operational and commercial planning to avoid or minimise same.
- To supervise/liaise as appropriate main contractor support and verifying attendant vessel operation is to the agreed contractor’s SMS.
- To ensure all HSE, integrity and availability checks are carried out on shift and ensure all marine terminal related HSSE, regulatory, commercial / performance documentation is completed and processed correctly.
- Liaise with estuary authority, shipping agency, cargo surveying personnel input to terminal activity.
- Ensure complete logging of all key terminal activity and thorough, documented handover requirements.
This role is the cover Marine Supervisor. There is no fixed rota and a degree of flexibility is required.
Targe Towing Limited
Angus, DD5 3PZ
Tel 01674 820234
Contact Nick Dorman, Operations Director.