- Post Date:20th November 2018
- Views 515
- Rank Engineer
Attractive salary and benefits
We are looking to recruit a Marine Engineer with a mechanical/electrical background to work on the Port’s cutter suction dredgers, workboats, and survey and pilot vessels.
You will be required to undertake a wide range of engineering roles within the Marine Department including daily vessel maintenance and upkeep activities within Avonmouth and Portbury. You will also record all defects and actions and take the lead in fault-finding on electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
You will also undertake a range of administrative tasks, and therefore good IT skills will be an advantage. You must be flexible in your approach and have good communication skills.
Ideally, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
• STCW qualification
• Boat handling qualifications
• Experience in marine electrical systems 240v/415v/24v
• Extensive experience in service and maintenance of mechanical equipment
• Good working knowledge of heavy marine and mechanical plant.
A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV or a completed application form to email@example.com by Friday 7 December 2018.