Marine Electronics Service Engineer
- Post Date:19th February 2019
- Views 378
- Rank EngineerOffered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary £29000 - £34000 per annum + Car, Overtime, Pension
Marine Electronics Service Engineer
Salary: £29,000-£34,000 + Company Car + Overtime + Pension
By their experience and training, a Marine Electronics Engineer is a professional who can independently undertake installations and repair services on Marine Navigational and communications systems on a variety of vessel types.
A Marine Electronic Engineer’s primary role is to conduct installations, and provide maintenance and repairs service for vessels safety, communications, and navigation systems. They are expected to conduct safety surveys of a merchant vessel in line with SOLAS requirements, the relevant Classification societies, or MCA. Through continuous development of technical knowledge, they are expected to advice stakeholders and customers when requested to support sales.
It is expected that engineers will promote sales of the company’s goods and services during the course of their duties.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
* Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers’ vessels and premises
* Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers’ vessels and premises and on company premises
* Providing technical support to customers and the company’s sales and service agents
* Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
* Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to Maintain existing client relationships and develop new
* Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience
* Be competent with marine equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
Be able to travel to other UK and Foreign locations as / when required
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
The following skills and experience are required:
Past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems is essential.
Good track record in customer service.
* HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline
* Full driving licence
GMDSS operator’s certificate
Radio survey experience
BOSIET or OLF certification
Experience working for a marine electronics service company
Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
1) Excellent communicator, able to express ideas in both written and verbal form to a variety of audience’s.
2) Proven ability to think in an entrepreneurial way and apply good commercial business sense to technical decisions.
3) Technical competency, able to show an in depth understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the marine industry as well as knowledge of electronics engineering.
4) Working knowledge of the UK maritime market including relevant suppliers.
This role is full time and will require regular travel both in the UK and overseas. As this is a service role, there is a reasonable expectation for flexibility with working hours and willingness to undertake overtime. There will also be an element of office-based working. Use of display screen equipment is also required. Security clearance may also be necessary. This role includes a requirement to use harness equipment to work at height. All Marine Electronics Engineers must be able to pass a working at height medical and pass an annual practical training course.
Contact name: Rory Edwards
Contact email: Rory.Edwards@faststream.com
Contact phone number: 02380208723