Marine Consultant (Science)
- Post Date:11th December 2018
- Views 510
- Offered Salary Negotiable
Marico Marine is a leading specialist marine consultancy with offices in Southampton, UK and Wellington, New Zealand. We both provide solid marine advice as well as quantified marine risk management advice.
We work in the ports, shipping, infrastructure development, oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors. Our clients include international ports and harbour authorities, marine infrastructure developers, consulting engineers, ship owners, hydrographic offices, marine lawyers, flag states and governments around the world.
The company is currently undergoing an exciting period of expansion due to an increase in work volume and a broadening of our service offering.
We are looking to recruit a Marine Consultant to join a busy team of marine professionals based in the New Forest, near Southampton. The role will involve working on a diverse range of interesting projects in the ports, shipping, infrastructure development, oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors, world-wide.
Key competencies include:
• Technical expertise in an appropriate marine or maritime field
• Proficiency in technical report writing
• Data analysis skills
• Project management & budgeting skills
• Good communication skills at meetings and public events
• Experience of responding to invitation to tenders
• Project and academic research skills
• Business development & marketing skills
• Leadership skills
This role would suit someone within the first five years of their career. The successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and an adaptable individual with excellent communication and technical skills with an ability to work independently.
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in an appropriate discipline
• Proven proficiency in technical report writing
• Excellent computer literacy including MS Office packages
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability
• Excellent problem solving skills and an analytical mind
• Strong research skills and interest
• Willingness to periodically work away from the office (UK and potentially overseas)
• Educated to Master’s degree level (or higher) in a numerate discipline
• Consultancy experience
• Marine industry experience and/or marine sector interest
• Research experience including publishing articles/papers and presenting at conferences
• Experience of using GIS packages such as ArcGIS, MapInfo and AutoCAD
• UK driving licence – please note the UK office is located in the New Forest and is not easily accessible using public transport
Applicants must have a native command of English written and spoken language and be eligible to work and live in the UK. Career progression and responsibility at Marico Marine can be swift depending on capability and aptitude. Opportunities to work overseas, including at our office in Wellington, NZ, is also possible.
Marico Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants are requested to apply with:
• A covering letter
• An application form (available from our website at www.marico.co.uk/careers).
Closing Date: 4th January 2019
Please note: CV’s will not be accepted.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion about this post, please contact: email@example.com
Related Jobs (3)
Oceanographer: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021
Geophysics & Coastal Processes: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021 Permanent