Marine Consultant (Mariner)
- Post Date:11th December 2018
- Views 868
- Offered Salary Negotiable
Marico Marine is a leading specialist marine consultancy with offices in Southampton, UK and Wellington, New Zealand. We both provide solid marine advice as well as quantified marine risk management advice.We work in the ports, shipping, infrastructure development, oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors. Our clients include international ports and harbour authorities, marine infrastructure developers, consulting engineers, ship owners, hydrographic offices, marine lawyers, flag states and governments around the world.
The company is currently undergoing an exciting period of expansion due to an increase in work volume and a broadening of our service offering.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Marine Consultant, with seagoing experience and shore-based experience in a marine role – preferably associated with harbours or infrastructure development or have worked in marine safety related to infrastructure development. The vacancy would offer an excellent opportunity to work for a leading consultancy within the marine and ports industry. The role will involve working on a diverse range of interesting projects in the ports, shipping, infrastructure development, oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors worldwide, and would suit:
• Experienced mariners (navigation)
• Harbours Masters
Key competencies include:
• Technical expertise in marine related operations (e.g. harbour master / marine engineering/ pilotage / towage / port operations / marine health and safety / training etc)
• Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment skills to include the management and facilitation of hazard identification workshops, undertaking SWIFT analysis, safety audits, management of risk registers, etc.
• Proficiency in technical report writing
• Data analysis skills
• Project management & budgeting skills
• Good communication skills at meetings and public events
• Experience of responding to invitation to tenders
• Project and academic research skills
• Business development & marketing skills
• Leadership skills
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience for senior level appointments, though lower levels of experience / qualification may be accepted for a more junior appointment:
• Senior / Executive experience in a port / marine position
• Master Mariner (or equivalent) o Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in appropriate marine discipline
• Membership of a professional body including accreditation (e.g. IMarEST, ICE, RINA, NI)
• Minimum 5 years consultancy experience
• Well-developed client network
• Willingness to periodically work away from the office (UK and potentially overseas)
• Educated to Master’s degree level or higher in a numerate discipline
• Research experience including publishing articles/papers and presenting at conferences
• Chartered status / professional registration
• UK driving licence – please note the UK office is located in the New Forest and is not easily accessible using public transport.
Applicants must have a native command of English written and spoken language and be eligible to work and live in the UK.
Career progression and responsibility at Marico Marine can be swift depending on capability and aptitude. Opportunities to work overseas, including at our office in Wellington, NZ, is also possible.
Marico Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants are requested to apply with:
• A covering letter
• An application form (available from our website at www.marico.co.uk/careers).
Closing Date: 4th January 2019
Please note: CV’s will not be accepted.
Please send your application by email to: email@example.com
For a confidential discussion about this post, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Jobs (1)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Professional Yachting Association on 29th September 2020