Machinery Engineer Surveyor – Ilford
- Post Date:13th November 2019
- Views 384
- Location Type ShoreOffered Salary £40,000-£49,999Salary From £40,500
Our mission is to make Britain a safer place. If you want to work for an ‘Award Winning Company’ that leaves nothing to chance, it’s a no brainer, British Engineering Services is the place for you!
For over 150 years, our highly skilled Engineer Surveyors and Engineering Consultants have inspected, tested and reported on industrial machinery from passenger lifts and escalators, to MEWP’s, forklift trucks and cranes in order to keep the UK industry, businesses and public safe. We are proud to have evolved into the successful company we are today, everything we do has been tried and tested. Year on year we invest in our people, systems and infrastructure and will continue to do so for generations to come.
To be considered for this role you will live in East London, and may regularly commute to central London. This will help our ‘Award Winning’ planning team, do what they do best so that you can do what you do best.
What will I be doing?
In its simplest and most explicit form, industrial safety can be a matter of life or death. As an Engineer Surveyor in the Machinery discipline for British Engineering Services, you will be helping to make Britain a safer place for industry, businesses and for people whenever and wherever.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing quality assessments and rigorous inspections
- Carrying out detailed reporting, with no compromise, ever
- Ensuring all customers are compliant with vital regulations that help to govern their industry in the UK (including LOLER and PUWER)
- Helping to prolong the life of machinery by spotting any potential defects as early as possible
- Always providing an exceptional level of customer service, whilst representing our brilliant company professionally
What makes British Engineering Services a great place to work?
We are independent for a reason, we do what we do better than anyone else and we do it our own way. Take our drive and ambition along with years of REAL industry experience and we have honed and perfected the well-oiled machine that is British Engineering Services.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- Our standard starting salary is £40,500 rising to £45,000 after 2 years’ service*
- £5,000 car cash allowance and paid travel time
- 16+ week bespoke, industry leading training programme
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + stats
- The opportunity to cross skill and development opportunities
- Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Laptop (surface go) and mobile phone provided
- Access to our excellent company benefits portal including; retail, fitness and cinema discounts
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme
- Opportunity for flexible working hours, we want you to have that work life balance.
*Salaries are dependent on location and experience.
What experience do I need?
Our team consists of the best, highly skilled and qualified Engineer Surveyors and we want our new recruits to have the same attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do.
You will need:
- Ideally a Level 4 engineering qualification and a good level of practical experience
- Alternatively, a Level 3 engineering qualification and a significant level of practical experience working with various types of machinery equipment, alongside the willingness to work towards a Level 4 qualification
- The ability to communicate complex and technical problems with ease
- A good level of IT and literacy skills in order to complete detailed customer reports.
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
British Engineering Services, making Britain a safer place.
Related Jobs (8)
Oceanographer: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021
Geophysics & Coastal Processes: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) on 9th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent