Head of Maritime Security and MLC - MCA
- Post Date:1st December 2020
- Views 225
£55,879 + up to £5,500 allowances
Are you an experienced Marine Surveyor looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a strategic level?
We are looking for a dedicated Head of Maritime Security and MLC to join our team at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We will look to you for the effective management of the Maritime Security and MLC (Maritime Labour Convention) Branch, to direct a team of operational policy leads and policy advisors and take ownership of the development and delivery of a consistent policy for maritime security and the implementation of maritime labour policy.
- managing the Maritime Security and MLC Branch and acting as focal point for internal and external customers
- implementing the requirements of international and domestic legislation as it relates to the ISPS Code, MLC and ILO 188
- monitoring, encouraging and reporting on a regular basis the progress of Marine Offices in completing agreed audit and inspection programmes
- ensuring that SPS Code, MLC convention and ILO188 convention audit processes comply with domestic and international agreed commitments
- representing the UK and providing technical support at internal and meetings, including drafting and presentation of substantive papers and arranging and providing briefings as required
MCA implements the government’s maritime safety policy in the UK and works to prevent the loss of life and occurrence of pollution on the coast and at sea.
Safer lives, Safer ships, Cleaner seas.
Our vision is to be the best maritime safety organisation in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in ensuring the highest standards of marine security are upheld and to help us achieve our vision. If you have a passion for maritime security and want to make a difference we encourage you to apply.
Closing date: 20th December 2020.
Related Jobs (3)
Freshwater Fisheries Sampling Coordinator: Higher Scientific Officer (HSO) on 18th January 2021