Head of Maritime Safety Management Operations - MCA
- Post Date:1st December 2020
- Views 374
£55,879 + up to £5,500 allowances
Are you an experienced Marine Surveyor looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a strategic level?
We are looking for a dedicated Head of Maritime Safety Management Operations to join our team at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We will look to you for the effective management of the Maritime Safety Management Branch, to direct a team of operational policy leads and policy advisors and take ownership of the development and delivery of a consistent maritime safety policy.
- managing the Maritime Safety Management Operations Branch and acting as focal point for internal and external customers
- implementing the requirements of international and domestic legislation as it relates to the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, Domestic Safety Management (DSM) Code and Intended Pleasure Vessel (IPV) Code
- monitoring, encouraging and reporting on a regular basis the progress of Marine Offices in completing agreed ISM/DSM/IPV audit programmes
- ensuring that ISM Code, DSM Code and IPV Code audit processes comply with domestic and international agreed commitments
- representing the UK and providing technical support at internal and meetings, including drafting and presentation of substantive papers and arranging and providing briefings as required
MCA implements the government’s maritime safety policy in the UK and works to prevent the loss of life and occurrence of pollution on the coast and at sea.
Safer lives, Safer ships, Cleaner seas.
Our vision is to be the best maritime safety organisation in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in ensuring the highest standards of marine security are upheld and to help us achieve our vision. If you have a passion for maritime security and want to make a difference we encourage you to apply.
Closing date: 20th December 2020.