Head of Crewing Services
- Post Date:12th July 2019
- Views 757
- Rank Passenger ServicesVessel Type FerriesOffered Salary £50,000 or more
- Salary £80,000-£100,000
Head of Crewing Services
Job reference: 000832
Closing date: 30/08/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Ships Support Services
Division: Ships Support Services
Hours per week: 37.5
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
P&O are transforming as a business and to support this transformation we are looking for an exceptional individual to head up our crewing services. You will be providing the leadership, setting the strategic direction and tactical operation of the crewing services. You will also be leading the planning for the crewing of all operated vessels in the P&O Fleet across all geographies, making sure that every vessel is compliant with all statutory regulations and business objectives.
The successful individual will be liaising closely with all of the business units to make sure that trained, competent and engaged staff are available across all deck, technical and on board services areas. There will be a substantial budget that you will be accountable for and you will be developing the strategy behind the talent and succession management. P&O have a very successful cadet and apprentice programme and you will be making sure that the programme is going from strength to strength.
This brand new role for the business brings together a few functions and will provide the cohesive long term strategy that will allow the business to provide long term plans for their manning side. There will also be work with external agencies and regulatory bodies such as Flag Administrators, Nautilus and the RMT.
To be successful in this exciting new role it is essential that you have the following skills:
– Experience of operating at a senior leadership level within a large shipping or crewing organisation
– A subject matter expert in aspects of seafarer deployment and crewing
– Experience of dealing with Trade Unions with regard to Industrial Relations
– Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
– Strong commercial understanding and the ability to make sound commercial decisions from multiple conflicting sources
– It would be beneficial if you have experience from within passenger or RoPAX sector
This unique role will not come up too often so if you are interested do apply asap.
Related Jobs (1)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Professional Yachting Association on 29th September 2020