Fleet Operations Manager
- Post Date:27th June 2019
- Views 661
- Rank ManagerVessel Type FerriesOffered Salary £50,000 or more
- Salary €68,000- €80,000
Job reference: 000765
Closing date: 26/07/2019
Salary: €68,000- €80,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Short Routes
Hours per week: 7 days a week (37.5 hours)
We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for someone to head up the French Ship Management Team based in Calais and provide oversight for managing the statutory compliance of the vessels of P&O Ferries France SAS.
The role involves equal measures of leadership and of technical capability for the safe and efficient running of our Spirit Class ships.
Working with the Ship Support Services Centre of Excellence, you will be responsible for and involved in refitting work as well as dry docking, making sure that the department is working within budget, negotiating routine contracts with shipyards and ensuring work is completed on time and to standard.
Being the public face of P&O Ferries France is a key part of this role and you will be the liaison between the Dover based head office, port managers and the French authorities which include maritime.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
– Experience in command as Master or Chief Engineer of passenger ferry or appropriate fleet department experience
– 1st Class Certificate of Competency (Deck or Engine) or equivalent
– An in depth understanding of maritime operational issues
– Management of ships whilst off service during dry-docking and repairs
– Excellent budget management skills
– Strong experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
– The ability to manage multiple stakeholders both internal and external
– Fluent in French and English – verbal and written skills
– The ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
– A strong leader with demonstrable experience of continuing professional development
These roles do not come up too often and if you fit the bill apply using the link below.
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent