- Post Date:9th July 2019
- Views 437
- Rank ManagerVessel Type FerriesOffered Salary £50,000 or more
- Salary £87,506- £109,382
Job reference: 000761
Closing date: 02/08/2019
Salary: £87,506- £109,382
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Short Routes
Division: Short Routes
Hours per week: 37.5
We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes.
Based in Dover, reporting into the Managing Director of the recently formed Short Routes Business Unit, we are looking for an exceptional person, accountable for the leadership of the Business Unit’s fleet operations team and vessel operations across the Dover:/Calais and Larne/Cairnryan routes.
You will be accountable for statutory compliance of the vessels of P&O Ferries and P&O Ferries France SAS and in particular, meeting regulatory and company obligations for the safe, efficient and environmentally protective operations for a fleet of eight vessels, six vessels on the Cypriot Flag and two vessels on the Bahamian Flag.
You will play an active role in the shaping of the Business Unit operating and growth strategies, developing multi-year strategic business plans and objectives in line with the BU priorities, working closely with the P&O Transformation, Business Unit Port teams and Harbour authorities.
Leading your team of Fleet Operations Managers and Technical Managers and working closely with Ship Support Services Centre of Excellence, you will be responsible for and involved in refitting work as well as dry docking, making sure that the department is working within budget, negotiating routine contracts with shipyards and ensuring work is completed on time and to standard.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Chartered Engineer and /or EurEng status/1st Class CoC (Engine) (MBA desirable)
- Must have served as Senior/Chief Engineer on a passenger ferry or five years appropriate Fleet Department / shoreside experience in a shipping company A clear understanding of maritime operational issues
– An inspirational leader who can develop strong relationships and deliver organisational change management to shoreside, seafaring and international stakeholders
– Excellent negotiator and the ability to make commercially astute decisions
– Demonstrable experience of managing complexity, problem solving and utilising resources and staff to achieve ambitious goals
– An in depth understanding of maritime operational issues
– Management of ships whilst off service during dry-docking and repairs
– Excellent budget management skills, commercial edge and judgement
– Strong experience of building and leveraging networks, collaborating with and leading multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment
– Excellent verbal and written skills
– The ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
P&O has an enviable heritage and worldwide brand recognition. Owned by DP World, P&O is investing in the future. There has never been a better time to join us.
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent