Fishery Protection Officer
- Post Date:21st March 2019
- Views 714
- Offered Salary £30,000-£39,999Salary £30,203
The Falkland Islands Fishery is recognised globally for its successful management of sustainable fish stocks. As the single largest contributor to the Falkland Islands’ GDP, the continued success of the Fishery is vital to the future economic development of the country.
The Falkland Islands Government would like to invite applications for the position of Fishery Protection Officer. This is a key role in protecting and conserving the marine resources of the Falkland Islands together with contributing to harbour safety and wider maritime operations within FI waters. Fishery Protection Officers are required to monitor compliance with relevant Fishery and Marine laws and when necessary investigate and prepare cases for prosecution. Duties are rostered between periods at sea and the office. Fishery Protection Officers report to the Senior Fisher Protection Officer.
The successful applicant will ideally hold a BSc in Marine Science, Oceanography, Fisheries Management or hold a STCW 95 II/1 OOW or II/2 Chief Mates Certificate.
We are looking for an individual that will lead by example, show a commitment to the ethos of protection and sustainability of the Fishery and be able to liaise effectively with the scientific section of the wider Department.
- The appointment will be for a two year contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- In addition to salary, benefits include, competitive tax rates, eligibility for a 25% (taxable) gratuity based on basic salary earned upon completion of contract, a relocation grant and flights at the beginning and end of contract, including mid-term return flights home.
- Starting salary will be £30,203.
How to Apply
For more information on the post and how apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 20.00 UK time on 21 April 2019.