First Officer(Safety) for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Post Date:29th September 2019
- Views 961
- Rank Deck officerVessel Type YachtsLocation Type Deepsea
- Offered Salary NegotiableSalary TBA
JOB TITLE: First Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Second Officer, Chief Carpenter
APPROVED BY: Senior Director of Marine Operations
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The First Officer functions as the yacht’s Statutory Safety Officer and, together with the Chief Officer, oversees, guides and supports nautical operations and maintenance throughout the yacht to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance, safety, security and environmental compliance are maintained at all times. The First Officer is responsible for the yacht’s workplace safety and accident prevention programs and co-ordinates all drills for employees, as well as training of the emergency teams. The First Officer ensures the proper testing and inspection of all safety systems and equipment onboard and is assisted in these duties by the First Engineer (Technician) (Deputy Safety Officer). The First Officer acts as a supplemental member of the bridge team during periods of heightened manning, and coaches the Second Officers in their duties, particularly with regards to ship handling and BRM. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Related Jobs (1)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Professional Yachting Association on 29th September 2020