First Engineer (Technical) for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Post Date:28th September 2019
- Views 654
- Rank Engineer officerVessel Type YachtsOffered Salary Negotiable
- Salary TBA
JOB TITLE: First Engineer (Technical)
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Waste Operator, Engine, Foreman, Second Engineer
APPROVED BY: Senior Director Marine Operations
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The First Engineer (Technical) functions as the deputy Safety Officer and is responsible to the Chief Engineer for all technical operations and equipment pertaining to the Engine Room, Engine Workshop, Emergency Generator, emergency shut down systems, waste operations plant, and related auxiliaries. The First Engineer (Technical) is the supervisor of the Watchkeeping Engineer Officers and the engine ratings. Together with the First Engineer
(Accommodation) the position oversees, guides and supports technical operations and maintenance throughout the yacht and will ensure the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance, safety and environmental compliance are maintained at all times. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
Directs the daily activities of Engine Room personnel to ensure work is completed to the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance. The First Engineer (Technical) is the supervisor of the Engine Foreman, Watchkeeping Engineering Officers, and Waste Operators. Ensures all personnel work in
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.