- Post Date:19th September 2018
- Views 478
- Rank ETO/Electrical OfficerVessel Type Cruise shipsSalary Competitive
Condor Ferries was founded in 1964 and initially operated a passenger service between France and the Channel Islands. In 1987 the first service linking the Channel Islands with the UK was launched and since then Condor Ferries has operated a year-round service connecting the UK through Poole and Portsmouth, the Channel Islands through Guernsey and Jersey and the port of St Malo in France.
It is a well-established and respected operator in every market it serves, providing lifeline services for its customers, in a complex and competitive marketplace. The business has for many years been a successful, profitable company, with a strong heritage and highly committed workforce.
We are seeking a suitable qualified Electrical Engineer or ETO, to maintain the vessels in our Fleet. The position will be based mainly on the High-Speed Craft but being able to work across the Condor Fleet in all ports is essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The organisation, planning and implementation of all Electrical and Electronic repairs and maintenance onboard our Fleet. Successful candidates will be required to work on:
- Vessel steering systems, fault finding and calibrating.
- Generator control and power management and synchronisation.
- Fire Detection Systems.
- Audio Visual equipment and PA systems.
- Engine monitoring and control systems.
- Navigational and Radio equipment.
- Providing technical support and advice to the Chief Engineer and Ship Manager and ensuring compliance with all marine regulations and legislation.
Who we’re looking for:
As you will be working as the sole Electrical Engineer onboard, the successful candidate must have good electrical and electronic knowledge, and preferably have a Marine engineering background. Experience of 415V power generation and distribution, 3 phase motors and starters,
This will be a challenging role, so we are looking for a determined, self-motivated, confident and conscientious individual that can communicate at all levels and has a minimum of five years’ experience working within Marine Electrical engineering. Ideally you will be qualified to ETO CoC level or equivalent.
Location: Poole, Dorset