- Post Date:19th September 2018
- Views 680
- Rank ETO/Electrical OfficerVessel Type Cruise shipsSalary Competitive
Condor Ferries was founded in 1964 and initially operated a passenger service between France and the Channel Islands. In 1987 the first service linking the Channel Islands with the UK was launched and since then Condor Ferries has operated a year-round service connecting the UK through Poole and Portsmouth, the Channel Islands through Guernsey and Jersey and the port of St Malo in France.
It is a well-established and respected operator in every market it serves, providing lifeline services for its customers, in a complex and competitive marketplace. The business has for many years been a successful, profitable company, with a strong heritage and highly committed workforce.
We are seeking a suitable qualified Electrical Engineer or ETO, to maintain the vessels in our Fleet. The position will be based mainly on the High-Speed Craft but being able to work across the Condor Fleet in all ports is essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The organisation, planning and implementation of all Electrical and Electronic repairs and maintenance onboard our Fleet. Successful candidates will be required to work on:
- Vessel steering systems, fault finding and calibrating.
- Generator control and power management and synchronisation.
- Fire Detection Systems.
- Audio Visual equipment and PA systems.
- Engine monitoring and control systems.
- Navigational and Radio equipment.
- Providing technical support and advice to the Chief Engineer and Ship Manager and ensuring compliance with all marine regulations and legislation.
Who we’re looking for:
As you will be working as the sole Electrical Engineer onboard, the successful candidate must have good electrical and electronic knowledge, and preferably have a Marine engineering background. Experience of 415V power generation and distribution, 3 phase motors and starters,
This will be a challenging role, so we are looking for a determined, self-motivated, confident and conscientious individual that can communicate at all levels and has a minimum of five years’ experience working within Marine Electrical engineering. Ideally you will be qualified to ETO CoC level or equivalent.
Location: Poole, Dorset
Related Jobs (4)
Senior Qualified Deck Officer (Chief Mate or Master) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Senior Qualified Marine Engineer Officer (Seconds or Chiefs) on 8th April 2021 Permanent
Qualified Systems Engineering Officer (ETO Qualified) on 8th April 2021 Permanent