Electrical Project Engineer
- Post Date:10th September 2018
- Views 124
- Rank EngineerOffered Salary £50,000 or moreSalary £55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Health Care
The successful candidate will work within the Ship Management Group working closely with colleagues in the Fleet Teams, but more specifically, the Fleet Services Team.
You will also be expected to work with members of the Management team the Compliance, HSE, Manning & Training, Finance and commercial managers as may be required under the supervision of the Fleet Services Team Manager.
The opportunity exists for the candidate to expand their technical knowledge in LNG vessel management and to develop into the Vessel Manager Role. This is seen as a natural progression actively supported with training and coaching as required.
Purpose of the Position
To provide expert guidance to the Fleet Managers, Vessel Managers and Management on electrical matters arising from the management of the ships. To provide project management and supervision in Electrically specified projects arising from legislative changes, internally identified or owners requested upgrades. Conduct task specific HazID and HazOP risk assessments.
Visit vessels in port as may be required to undertake audits of relevant preventative and condition based maintenance (thermal surveys), supervise electrical work, provide written reports.
Role and Responsibilities
* Electrical maintenance and repair standards and requirements through the PMS
* Electrical safety
* Elevator maintenance
*Projects as agreed with Technical Manager
* Electrical standards implemented onboard ship
* Training in the maintenance and repair of electrical systems
* Coordinates activities of the onboard electrical and automation officers
* Attendance of electrical, communications and navigational equipment service engineers
* Attendance of FAT when requested
* Electrical maintenance and repair activities during repair periods in dock and afloat
* Monitors performance of IAS and electrical propulsion systems
* Availability of back-up power supplies
* Performance of electrical and automation engineers
* Interviews and appraisals of Automation Engineers and Electricians
* Assists with the preparation and monitoring of electrical aspects of OPEX Budgets
* Attends weekly meetings and industry seminars and forums when requested
* A member of the Emergency Response Team
* Self motivated team player
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Good time management skills
* Adaptable and flexible
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Experience in seagoing/ marine based environment, eg Ships ETO
* LPG / LNG Experience (strongly preferred)
* Experience in shore based position (desirable)
* Working knowledge MS Outlook, Excel, Word
Location: England, London