Chief Executive Officer - Waterways Ireland
- Post Date:23rd October 2020
- Views 475
- Vessel Type Shore-basedLocation Type Shore
Exciting and challenging leadership opportunity as Chief Executive Officer Waterways Ireland
Waterways Ireland is responsible for the management, maintenance, development, restoration and promotion of the inland navigable waterway system throughout the island, principally for recreational and tourism purposes. It has responsibility for approximately 1,000km of navigable waterways. With a staff of 300, it operates the Dublin Canal system, the Shannon and Barrow navigation, the Shannon Erne Waterway, the Erne system, the Lower Bann system and is responsible too for the redevelopment of the Ulster Canal amenity.
The Chief Executive of Waterways will be required to implement a very challenging work programme over the course of this four year appointment, ensuring that Waterways Ireland fulfils its statutory function of managing, maintaining, developing, restoring and promoting Ireland’s inland navigations, principally for recreational purposes.
The successful candidate will have:
- A track record of achievement in posts of significant responsibility within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors, or in professional practice;
- Experience of managing budgets of a significant size and scale;
- Personal experience of executing and delivering change in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment;
- Well developed and proven high level management skills, in the exercise of general administrative duties and in personnel, financial and resource management;
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively with all stakeholders; and
- Sound judgement, strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate staff in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 3pm on Thursday 12th November, 2020.
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/Nautilus_Ad_ChiefEOfficer
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Catherine Dobbins at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.