Chief Engineer - Paddle Steamer Waverley
- Post Date:23rd November 2021
- Apply Before: 7th January 2022
- Views 761
- Rank Chief engineerVessel Type Specialist/otherLocation Type Offshore
- Offered Salary Negotiable
We are currently searching for a qualified Chief Engineer to join our team full time.
We would also welcome applications for seasonal relief work.
The Chief Engineer is directly responsible to the Master and the Director of Marine and Technical Operations for the safe and proper management of the Engine Room Department. The Chief Engineer is responsible for monitoring all onboard equipment and systems together with implementing the vessel’s planned maintenance program. The Chief Engineer is responsible for organizing and supervising engine room operations, act as the approving authority for all Permit to Work requests, and ensure that the Company’s SMS policies and programs are communicated to, understood and complied with by all engine room employees.
Candidates must possess:
• Merchant Shipping STCW Certificates III/3, <3000kW Chief Engineer CoC and preferably hold a Class I Steam CoC
• ENG1 Medical issued by relevant UK Authority or recognised equivalent
• Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within the marine sector; recent steam experience is strongly preferred
• Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, demonstrated effectiveness in working with contractors, safety leadership and the ability to motivate others
Waverley is the last seagoing paddle steamer in the World and is powered by an inclined triple expansion steam engine. Waverley operates May-October each season in several areas around the UK offering day excursion trips. During the winter maintenance period Waverley is berthed in Glasgow.
Waverley will provide an ideal platform for a Chief Engineer who seeks autonomy, a unique experience and a direct relationship with a public that reveres this last paddle steamer plying her trade in open waters. This position provides an opportunity to play a key role in maintaining and operating a unique vessel, it may appeal to someone seeking a new challenge after a deep-sea career. Once bitten forever smitten. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
How to Apply If you are interested in a rewarding career with Waverley, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th January 2022.
waverleyexcursions.co.uk | 0141 243 2224 | 36 Lancefield Quay, Glasgow, G3 8HA
Waverley – The last seagoing paddle steamer in the World