Chief Electrician for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Post Date:28th September 2019
- Views 685
- Rank ETO/Electrical OfficerVessel Type YachtsOffered Salary Negotiable
- Salary TBA
JOB TITLE: Chief Electrician
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: First Electrician, Electronic Engineer
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Chief Electrician is the head of the Electrical Team and is responsible for the maintenance, administration, supervision, and safe operation of all onboard electrical systems including the main Engine Room equipment & machinery, Azipods, elevators, GMDSS equipment, navigation equipment, internal communications, broadcast and networking equipment, safety equipment and security equipment. In carrying out his / her duties, the Chief Electrician will work in close co-operation with the Hotel and Nautical Departments to ensure the highest standards of safety, security, public health, environmental compliance, and service to guests and Ladies and Gentlemen, is maintained. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Directs the daily activities of Electrical personnel to ensure work is completed to the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance. The Chief Electrician is the supervisor of the Electrical team. In this role the Chief Electrician will ensure all personnel work in accordance with ILO, MLC, STCW and other regulatory constraints, and maintains close control of budgeted overtime
02. Holds daily meetings with the Chief Engineer regarding work schedules and planning of maintenance. In planning future work the Chief Electrician fosters close cooperation and communication with Nautical and Hotel departments to ensure the experience of our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen and safety considerations are appropriately considered
03. Directs the Electrical Team to solve problems in safety, alarm and control devices for High Voltage and Low Voltage switchboards, propulsion equipment including prime movers and bridge equipment
04. Monitors departmental requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables to ensure critical spares are always at hand while maintaining close control of operational budgets
05. Responsible for all surveys and maintenance to elevators, ensuring close co-operation with the Hotel Director and Executive Committee in order to minimize impact to guest, Ladies and Gentlemen and Hotel services
06. Ensures all Public Health electrical related systems and equipment are maintained to the highest standards at all times
07. Ensures all complaints received from guests and Ladies and Gentlemen are swiftly resolved, and appropriate follow up is coordinated with the Hotel Department
08. Ensures maintenance and repair information is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and over-sees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs
09. Supervises any work which is unusually hazardous, including but not limited to high voltage isolations
10. Assists IT with external yacht communications (satellite phones, internet, etc.) when needed
11. Responsible for the below Technical Department Responsibilities as defined in the Company’s Safety Management System: Electrical Department
12. Presence in the ECR for maneuvering and at any other times as assigned by Chief Engineer
13. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Chief Electrician; previous shipbuilding experience preferred
03. Shipboard High Voltage Training
04. Diesel Electric Propulsion Certificate of Completion
05. Excellent command of the English Language
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.