Assistant Technical Manager / Technical Purchaser
- Post Date:17th September 2020
- Views 617
Assistant Technical Manager / Technical Purchaser – (40hrs/Week)
Sea-Watch e.V. is a non-profit initiative dedicated to the civil rescue of refugees at sea. Sea-Watch provides emergency aid, in light of the humanitarian catastrophe in the central Mediterranean. The charity also places demands on the responsible European institutions, to work publicly towards legal escape routes.
The Ship Management division is now looking for an employee for the technical support of our ships.
Your tasks as Assistant Technical Manager:
- Liaise with the Technical manager, and the technical crew on board the ships.
- Support the ship’s crew in the event of any technical problems, alongside, (and under the lead of), the technical manager.
- Regular visits on board the ships for company inspections and for supporting the technical crew with repairs and maintenance.
- Representing the technical manager on board
- Stand in for technical manager during holidays or sick leaves.
- Technical Purchasing
- Liaise with the Technical manager and logistical team for prompt supply of stores and supplies for the vessels.
- Handle purchasing activities. Send enquiry/requisitions to suppliers for quotations.
- Liaise with vessels on any information required pertaining to requisitions.
- Follow up with quotations from suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders and delivery orders, etc.
- Liaise with agents and ships for the supply of spare parts and stores to vessels at convenient ports.
- Process and verify invoices against quotations, and ensure invoices are processed within the credit term period.
- Document filing / printing of Invoices.
- Technical supervision of engineers on board
- Assist with planning for technical port calls
- Assist in logistics arrangement during port calls.
- Plan maintenance periods as projects and manage them.
- Assist with arrangements for surveys and inspections for vessels.
- Other duties as assigned by Ship Manager/ Technical manager
- Minimum of 1-3 years working experience, preferably in the Ship Management/Shipping Industry.
- Training as a marine engineer, along with a strong technical background.
- Ability to converse in fluent English.
- Willingness to travel and to spend time abroad.
- Pleasant personality.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and ability to follow-up on tasks/projects effectively.
- Sense of urgency & ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
We offer you:
- A young and dynamic working environment.
- Insights into the work of an NGO and into the shipboard operation of Sea-Watch 3 and Sea-Watch 4.
- A position with a workload of 40 hours/week, on board, in the actual port or in the office in Berlin (Home office partly possible).
- Salary: 2.800EUR
We are looking forward to receiving your application by the 30th September 2020!
Please send your application with your curriculum vitae and motivation letter:
Please attachments in a pdf-document not larger than 4MB.