- Post Date:20th February 2020
- Views 632
|CSMART is looking for you!|
CSMART, Center for Simulator Maritime Training, is the international training center of the Carnival Corporation & plc Group, the largest leisure travel company in the world.
Carnival Corporation & plc Group holds nine cruise brands worldwide, operating 100+ ships and welcoming over 11.5 million guests every year. Our brands are: Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises Australia and P&O Cruises UK.
CSMART is dedicated to providing all bridge and engineering officers of the Carnival Corporation and plc Group with rigorous safety training. The facility features bridge and engine room simulators, part task and full mission, utilizing the most innovative technology and training solutions in the maritime industry.
CSMART offers related services including environmental compliance training, continuous development programs, physical wellness evaluations and extensive port studies.
CSMART’s team of highly experienced and committed instructors has developed a curriculum that sets the industry standard for safety, sustainability and maritime training and keeps pace with advances in ship technology & sustainability, fostering critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and confidence.
The Maritime Training Centre uses the very latest, state-of-the-art technology and methodology. It consists of Bridge/Engine Room Full Mission & Part Task Simulators and practical Electrical Training Laboratories.
CSMART is currently looking for proactive Operators for its simulators for 40 hours per week, with particular focus on the operation of the simulators during exercises.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
As an Operator, you are an integral part of the CSMART team where some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Operates the Simulator during exercises.
- Ensures that Simulator is started and operational before the participants enters the Simulator.
- Assists in Bridge and Engine room familiarizations.
- Ensures that Debriefing Rooms are operational.
- Does first level troubleshooting and fault finding in order to resolve Simulator IT issues.
- Assists in developing Simulator exercises, policies and procedures.
- Assists simulator supplier and sub-contractors with general maintenance
- Works on projects as ‘Secondary Activities’ using a professional project management tool
Working at CSMART means continued training and development for yourself and your team. Your key responsibilities can grow, depending on your strengths such as:
- Taking over ownership of above mentioned items
- In charge of delivering certain lecture room modules
- Assist the instructor with delivering and developing courses
- Assist in Briefing and Debriefing the participants
|Requirements & Experience|
- Higher Vocational level and/or Bachelor level of Education
- An affinity for technical or IT related subjects
Preferences (not mandatory):
- Crew Resource Management training
- Work Experience in a technical working environment
- General Maritime experience and background (Cargo, Dredging, Ro-Ro, etc.)
- Crew/People Resource Management training
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and networks
- Knowledge on user-level of Windows 8.1 and 10
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good analytical skills
As part of our remuneration package, CSMART offers successful candidates a competitive salary & benefits.
To know more about our organization have a look at our website www.csmartalmere.com
Should you be interested in the role, kindly send your CV & motivation letter directly to our HR department using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this exciting opportunity.
Related Jobs (1)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Professional Yachting Association on 29th September 2020