5 days left
- Contract Type
Company information Kotug Smit Towage
With 350 years of combined heritage, we are passionate about assisting ships safely. Our large fleet of 70 tugs provides tailored towage services in twelve European ports: Rotterdam, Antwerp, Ghent, Flushing, Terneuzen, Zeebrugge, Liverpool, London, Southampton, Hamburg, Bremerhaven and Wilhelmshaven. These ports are major junctions where ships from all over the world bring their cargo and passengers or actually come to pick up cargo for further transportation. Through operational efficiency and flexibility, we focus on our customers’ needs and understand their expectations.
For our ports in the UK (London and Southampton) we are recruiting new colleagues:
As Chief Engineer you are responsible for keeping the tug technically operational and undertakes all that is necessary to keep all maintenance and all the equipment up and running. You will be reporting to the captain of the tugboat and will be representing our company and our policies.
As an engineer you will be responsible for the underneath key tasks:
- Managing the entire technical equipment on board and you will undertake maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure a proper and efficient use of spare parts, fuels and lubricants. This includes a good administration and proper use of the ordering and maintenance system.
- Safety is a crucial element in our business. To this end, periodic testing of many components of the entire equipment and performing drills is required. Here you actively participate and report to the captain and the technical department
- During towing operations, you are responsible for operating the winch according to captain’s instructions.
- Needs to be in possession of obligated certificates and documents relating to the local Manning Act in order to be able to sail as Chief Engineer on board a tugboat
- In possession of a valid certificate of competency Chief Engineer all ships or Chief Engineer with a minimum of 6000kw
- In possession of valid Seafarer medical certificate ENG1
- In possession of valid STCW basic safety training certificates
- Proven technical knowledge by experience as Chief Engineer in offshore or on a tugboat
Knowledge of Windows and good administration skills
- Good communicational skills
- Flexible and capable of withstanding stress
- Good social skills and a team player
- Prepared not to smoke in places where it may affect others
Challenge yourself and us
If you have a passion for a nautical job and would like to work on board, then we invite you to send your motivation letter and CV by filling out the online application on our website: http://www.kotugsmit.eu/career/vacancies/chief-engineer-united-kingdom
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Melanie Cain, HR Officer UK via +44(0)1512078540.