Turbocharger Service Engineer
Title: Field Service Engineer (Global)
Salary/Rate: £25,000 - £30,000
WRS Tech Job Id: 1988/3
WRS Tech have been approached to recruit a number of Field Service Engineers to cover the globe.
Purpose of the role: To repair, service and maintain rotating equipment onboard a vessel anywhere across the globe. You will be responsible for preparing mechanical overhauls, repairs and executing the service solution in compliance with customer specifications and contractual agreements. This includes planning/leading of a team, overhauling of turbochargers for plant and marine. Working on such equipment as Axial/Radial Flow turbochargers of recognised manufacturers. Worldwide service is offered by our client with the attitude of ‘can do’ which is expected of all employees. Good technical knowledge to communicate and understand the product when discussing with Chief engineers, superintendents and fleet managers is required. In house training as well as OEM courses is offered accordingly. The position is to be based in Hampshire, but will require extensive travel throughout the world. The role is physically/mentally demanding, working in differing temperature climates and under time constraints but, it’s also a role that is very rewarding.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate good experience within the following:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak and write in English is required. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to adopt and live up to the company’s Core Values of being Reliable, Open, Innovative and Dynamic.
Day to day tasks:
• Reads and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Supervises the installation, overhaul and repair of turbo compressors.
• Consults with manager/customer to plan job spec.
• Supervises the installation of new equipment. Installs and repairs of turbo compressor parts and products.
• Studies customer blue blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
• Interprets drawings. including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
• Installs or oversees installation of equipment according to manufacturer's specifications. Operates system to demonstrate equipment and to analyse malfunctions.
• Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of mechanical engineering and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
• Instructs and directs personnel in servicing and repairing equipment.
• Consults with customers to explain features and on the features and function of products. Consults with manager to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
• Supervises personnel in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
• Confers with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Investigates failures to diagnose the root cause
• Performs other duties as assigned.
It is ideal to possess the following Qualifications/Experience:
• Full, clean driving licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech Ltd who have been appointed to act as a recruitment consultancy for this role.