1 day left
- Contract Type
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Engineer and Engineering Superintendent, the Maintenance Electrician will be mainly working on-board our vessels on a walk on walk off basis. You will carry out operational and electrical maintenance duties relating to the ship's machinery, equipment and structure as directed by the Chief Engineer or Master.
- Responsible for electrical maintenance of an extensive range of equipment on-board
- Assisting in the safe and efficient operation of the vessel
- Identifying and recommending improvements to systems, processes and practices
- Diagnosis of faults and issues by fault-finding and testing
- Ensure the requirements of the Safety Management System are adhered to
- Ensure all documentation and records are properly maintained and updated
- Preferably be a Registered Electrician in New Zealand, or have the ability to achieve registration
- Have relevant work experience, ideally in heavy engineering or as an Electric Technical Officer
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Have exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a talent for multi-tasking and the willingness to "go the extra mile"
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to think on your feet and apply knowledge in a practical environment
- Possess a sense of urgency when it comes to assigned tasks while being able to work with speed and accuracy
- Have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the square
In this role you will be rostered to work ten walk on walk off shifts in a fourteen day period. Often this would be on a Monday to Friday basis, but this is not always the case; therefore you will need to be Wellington based. Dependent on vessel timetable some unsociable and/ or night work will be required.
The ideal candidate will be hard working, have great attention to detail and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team. A seagoing vessel is a dynamic environment, with no two days being the same. We would love to hear from candidates with marine experience in general, and cruise ship experience in particular.
- Walk on, walk off roster
- Four weeks annual leave
- An additional allowance for holders of a current STCW ETO qualification is available for the right candidate
If you have the enthusiasm and desire to continually challenge and develop yourself within a progressive organisation, we want to hear from you.
Apply online today by submitting your CV and cover letter.