Deputy Marine Pilotage Manager
WRS Tech are working with a renowned Port Authority in South East England to source a Deputy Marine Pilotage Manager.
This newly created position will oversee the day to day operational and training management of pilots and provide support to the Marine Pilotage Manager. Other roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure the 24/7, 365 day a year pilotage service to the extended estuarial commercial port runs efficiently and minimise delays in service.
- Use knowledge and experience to effectively manage close to 100 pilots
- Ensure a high level of safety is maintained and developed where necessary
- Manage recruitment and training of both new and existing pilots
- Assist with the management of the Pilotage department
The ideal candidate will have experience within a port environment and have a proven track record of people management. Pilotage experience is desirable but not essential if you can demonstrate similar experience.
The successful candidate will win the opportunity to work within a fantastic team of professionals with excellent progression opportunities. In addition, a salary of up to £53,000 is on offer (depending on experience) plus a generous amount of annual leave and a pension scheme.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK (EU) to be considered, as no visa sponsorship is available
WRS Tech is a specialist Marine and Maritime recruitment agency that offer Permanent and Contract recruitment solutions.
Apply for Deputy Marine Pilotage Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly