Head of Maritime Delivery
Head of Maritime Delivery
£60,000 to £70,000
RNLI Headquarters, Poole, Dorset
Are you a maritime professional with proven senior leadership experience, motivated by leading a large, diverse team? If you’re excited by a rewarding opportunity to save lives at sea, we want to hear from you.
We are the RNLI: the charity that saves lives at sea. Every day of every year, people of all backgrounds get into difficulty on and around the water. It’s a problem that we’re here to tackle and we are determined to reduce drowning. Our 24-hour search and rescue service operates from 238 lifeboat stations around the UK and Ireland. Our lifeguards patrol over 240 beaches across the UK and Channel Islands, and our flood rescue teams can reach anywhere in the UK and Ireland within six hours.
We’re looking for a Head of Maritime Delivery to work from Poole with travel across our operating area, to be responsible for these volunteer and staff lifesaving delivery teams. Working as part of our senior leadership team, you will drive the safe and effective delivery of a compliant maritime search and rescue service across the UK and Ireland.
In this diverse role, you’ll:
- Provide strong leadership and management for the lifesaving delivery team, now and into the future.
- Drive the delivery of the service in accordance with the organisations policy, rules and regulations; ensuring safety management systems and standards are adhered to.
- Be the senior maritime subject matter expert within our Community Lifesaving team
- As part of the senior leadership team, collaborate across all areas of the RNLI.
- Work with our partner organisations, as a key contact point for delivery of maritime, SAR and lifesaving initiatives.
Joining us as Head of Maritime Delivery and working with a very broad range of people, your leadership skills will be as important as your technical maritime skills and experience.
You will need:
- Extensive maritime experience, preferably with coastal command experience (UK/North European coast is ideal).
- A Master’s Certificate of Competency, RN command or equivalent qualification.
- Proven people management and development experience.
- Experience of managing £multi-million budgets.
- The ability to spot what goes wrong, understand why and put things right.
- Good knowledge of search and rescue operations in the UK and/or Ireland.
- Experience and knowledge of working with volunteers is highly desirable.
- Salary of £60,000 to £70,000.
- An industry-leading pension plan and life cover.
- A significant opportunity to directly impact and increase the number of lives we save.
- 26 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days with service).
- A wide range of additional benefits (see our website).
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve got experience of operating in a senior management role, having already transitioned from a seafaring/seafarer role. You may have experience as a Marine Superintendent, Head of Operations, or a similar role.
For further information and to apply, please visit: www.rnli.org/jobs
Closing date: 8th April 2018