WRS Tech are working with a ship owner based in the South West of England who are seeking an Engineering Manager to strengthen their team. The company has a newbuild plan in place as well as some exciting developments in the pipeline for their long term future.
The Engineering Manager will have overall technical responsibility for the fleet of vessels with a strong focus on long and medium term planning schedules for fleet maintenance. Other roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To implement and maintain a planned maintenance system (PMS).
- To manage the engineering budget, identifying potential variances in supply, support and projects.
- To monitor and maintain technical status of the fleet in regard to flag state requirements.
- To maintain vessel certification, records, survey reports, vessel work logs and project reports.
- To oversee the sourcing of suppliers to generate best value for engineering support.
- To evaluate vessel project requirements to provide best value.
- To conduct internal technical compliance audits.
- To review flag state, recommended code and engineering standard guidelines.
The role will suit someone who is seeking a position which allows them to develop their own systems and processes as well as mentor the existing engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a Marine Engineering background and preferably sailed to the rank of Chief Engineer in addition to shore based experience with planning and support systems.
The successful candidate will win the opportunity to work within a long standing shipping company with exciting growth plans and new build works. In addition, a salary of £45,000 is on offer with a benefits package attached.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK (EU) to be considered, as no visa sponsorship is available
WRS Tech is a specialist Marine and Maritime recruitment agency that offer Permanent and Contract recruitment solutions.