Lead Steam & Utilities Operator
4 days left
- Contract Type
Join Our Journey
EnQuest is a leading independent oil and gas development and production company, focused on turning opportunities into value by targeting maturing assets and undeveloped oil fields. They are the largest UK independent oil producer in the UK North Sea and their assets include producing oil fields and major new developments.
The Lead Technician role will have responsibility for planning and prioritisation of work (including raising required permits), ensuring safety critical and business critical equipment is maintained and first line supervision of a team of Technicians.
Specific duties include:
- Controlling and monitoring the operation and integrity of the steam plant and its utility systems. Carry out soot blowing and other boiler maintenance operations as required
- Controlling fuel allocation for efficiency and cost
- Ensuring adequate stocks of Boiler treatment chemicals on-board: carry out tests on boiler water, fuel etc...
- Starting up and/or monitoring of extraneous utilities equipment including (but not limited to) Cargo pumps and turbines, Air systems, N2 system(s), water makers, inert gas plant, stripping pump, cargo steam heating, fuel delivery and purification systems, sewage plant etc….
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of the water from the evaporators and storage conditions
- Operating and checking HVAC Systems
- Operating all engine room equipment
- Monitoring operation of inert gas plant regarding fuel quality (O2 levels)
- Carrying out quality checks on water, diesel, and lubricating oils
- Monitoring bilge water levels within engine room and pump room spaces; discharge through overboard oil in water monitoring systems or to holding/slop tanks
Experienced and competent in Marine/Mechanical Engineering, served as a senior watch keeper/ time served craft skills to include, fault diagnosis and maintenance of Compressors, Pumps, Diesel Engines, Air Conditioning, Water Makers and other typical engine room equipment. Combined with good experience of the operation of Steam Medium Pressure Boilers and Steam Turbines. At least 2nd or 3rd marine certificate figure desirable. Preferably candidates should be certified for offshore work.