Interislander has been creating New Zealand's most memorable journeys since 1962, with over 36 million people travelling on our ships between the North and South Islands during the past 52 years. Our three roll-on roll-off ferries - Aratere, Kaiarahi and Kaitaki - take travellers through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Our Interislander business has a diverse customer base including rail freight, commercial vehicles, car and foot passengers.
The newly created Vessel Superintendent positions are pivotal in ensuring each of our vessels reflect our brand promise to our broad customer base, by ensuring a reliable, safe and memorable experience. We are looking to recruit three Vessel Superintendents; one for each of our vessels.
The Vessel Superintendent will work constructively and collaboratively with ship and shore based managers, to provide a service that meets the needs of our customers while delivering on our financial, operational, people and safety objectives. Key to achieving this will be an acute focus on ensuring turnaround times, cargo operations and crossing times are managed, so that schedule integrity is optimised and fuel consumption is minimised.
To ensure your success, you'll need the following:
- To hold a Master Mariners/Class 1 Certificate
- Significant experience in RoRo Passenger operations
- Strong experience in managing the commercial performance of vessels and monitoring and improving key performance areas
- Work at the minimum level of Chief Mate within a highly competitive environment
- Experience as Ship Inspector and / or Lead Auditor within the Maritime Industry
- Experience undertaking navigational audits and an extensive understanding of BRM / BTM principals
- Experience in conducting Maritime Incident Investigations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safety, Quality and Risk management system
- Experience undertaking condition inspections and establishing planned maintenance programs for Deck Departments
In addition the Vessel Superintendent will be an effective communicator with the ability to develop trust and credibility with stakeholders. Demonstrable people leadership experience at a mid-management level, within a medium to large-sized organisation is advantageous.
The benefits of this role are many. In addition to a very competitive salary, the role provides seniority along with accountability in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Please visit https://careers.kiwirail.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=Omtq9 to apply online, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org