- Are you passionate about navigation?
- Do you want to help us deliver our corporate plan and help us shape our future?
- Do you want to work somewhere that values you and will support you to grow?
- Do you thrive on being relied on?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for candidates with the right aptitude and recent relevant maritime experience to help move our business forward.
Your role is to produce safe, comprehensive and up-to-date volumes of Sailing Directions and Section IV Notice to Mariners for the Royal Navy and commercial shipping market. You will also provide navigation and maritime expertise to the product output of the Production Teams within Operations and other sections within the UKHO.
This will include:
- Assessing and verifying large quantities of new information, including Foreign Government Hydrographic Office charts and Sailing Directions, photographic views and reports of survey from HM Ships and contract companies
- Updating databases, issuing Notices to Mariners and maintaining volumes of Sailing Directions with updates accordingly.
- Supporting colleagues in the Production Teams with maritime input into planning or decision making to assist in the production of charts and other navigational products.
At UKHO we value our employees therefore in return we’ll provide you with an attractive range of benefits to support your career with us, including a generous pension scheme (UKHO’s contributions average 21.1%), generous leave allowance, flexible working, a car-share scheme, subsided on site gym, on site crèche, regular training and development opportunities. Full details can be found on our website.
Package £24,597 to £28,318 with a non-pensionable allowance of up to £7,000 (totalling £35,318) for the right candidate.
To apply please click the 'apply' button below which will take you to our dedicated web page where you are to select 'Navigation Specialist' from the list.
Closing date: 18th August 2017