5 days left
- Contract Type
Serco Marine Services delivers support services tailored to the customer`s needs all delivered within a national accreditation framework. As owners and operators of specialist vessels, from workboats to sea going vessels, we provide world class integrated marine services.
We are currently seeking a Vessel Superintendent to deliver safe and efficient Technical Management locally, to the INS Marine Services contract, ensuring full compliance from both regulatory and contractual perspectives. The Vessel Superintendent has management of the technical budget for Vessels under their control circa £3m. They lead and provide professional technical expertise to the INS Marine team and provide support within wider Serco as required.
This role is based at Barrow-in-Furness and will report to the Contract Manager. The salary banding is £45,000 - £55,000.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Developing, agreeing and managing robust annual technical business plans and budgets for the INS Marine Services’ contract.
- Ensuring Contract Managers are appropriately supported to provide full service delivery.
- Technical compliance with Flag and Class requirements.
- Continually monitoring business plans, financial plans and targets taking appropriate action to ensure technical targets are met, including submitting accurate and timely reports.
- Acting as the Marine business point of contact with Serco Procurement to advise and recommend, where appropriate, optimum suppliers.
- Development and adaptation of technical Operating Procedures for the IMS.
- Line management of staff as required, providing leadership to ensure that all staff understand and deliver the contract in accordance with the business strategy and plans, and are motivated to undertake their objectives whilst promoting a safe culture and attitude of continuous improvement.
- In line with business plans and procedures, develop annual budgets and implement effective management and financial control of their technical expenditure whilst ensuring services levels are delivered safely and in compliance with the contract, Flag and Class.
Keys Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified to at least Class II Certificate of Competency and / or have a Degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering related discipline.
- Be a well developed engineering professional with an understanding and experience of engineering and technical processes in the Marine Industry.
- Project and programme management expertise.
- Relevant shore based technical experience to include, technical management, knowledge of port and vessel operations, maintenance, Flag and Class requirements/regulations.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of requirements covered by ISM, and ISO 9001 and 14000.
- Familiarity with Technical Management systems.
- Experience in the use of IT systems and MS Office suite
- Experience as sea-going Engineer.
- Commercial acumen and budgetary management experience.
- Experience of operating successfully within commercial environments.
- Membership of Professional bodies and some employee relations / Trade Union experience.