Electrical Support Engineer
Electrical Support Engineer – High Speed Ferries
We are seeking a full time Electrical Support Engineer to maintain our High speed and Conventional vessels. The position will require the individual to cover sickness, leave and training across fleet for the Electrical Team. When working on a vessel you will be managed by the Ships Chief Engineer, with your direct line manager being the Systems Engineer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The organisation, planning and implementation of all Electrical and Electronic repairs and maintenance onboard our fleet. Successful candidates will be required to work on:
- Vessel steering systems (Wartzilla), fault finding and calibrating.
- Generator control and power management and synchronisation.
- Fire Detection Systems.
- Audio Visual equipment and PA systems.
- Engine monitoring and control systems.
- Navigational and Radio equipment.
- Providing technical support and advice to the Chief Engineer and Ship Manager and ensuring compliance with all marine regulations and legislation.
Who we're looking for:
Working onboard, the successful candidate must have great electrical and electronic knowledge, and preferably have a Marine Engineering background. Experience of 415V power generation and distribution, 3 phase motors and starters will be an advantage.
This will be a challenging role, so we are looking for a determined, self-motivated, confident and conscientious individual who can communicate at all levels.
A full job description and remuneration details are available upon request.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th June 2017.