Chief Officer 'Mate VAC1367’
Red Funnel are an integrated travel, holidays and leisure company employing a team of around 450 in Southampton and on the Isle of Wight. We carry over 3.4 million passengers a year as well as offering the widest choice of ferry inclusive activities and packaged holiday accommodation on the Island.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Officer to join us, working on our Ferry and Hi Speed operations. As part of a dynamic and supporting team, your focus will be on ensuring that our boats are operated in a safe and efficient manner. You’ll work closely with the Master of the vessel, assisting at the helm while approaching and manoeuvring in the harbour, carrying out drills and checks on safety equipment, and planning and undertaking the loading/discharge operations.
You’ll have the chance to continuously utilise your skill set as we operate in one of the busiest stretches of water in the world, with a range of different crafts and boats to navigate, along with a vibrant on board culture and great customers. We’re an organisation with a long and prestigious history and you’ll be joined by an extremely supportive crew who have a wide range of knowledge and experience.
In return, we offer a great work life balance for you where you get to do the job you love and still go home and see your family after every shift, with a four on/four off work pattern. We also have a fantastic working environment, the opportunity to professionally develop and a range of great benefits, all packed into a culture which cares greatly about our customers and colleagues.
What we’re looking for from you:
- UK Certificate of Competency (CoC), minimum Officer of the Watch but preferably Chief Mate Unlimited or higher.
- A willingness to study for local PEC’s issued by the Competent Harbour Authorities.
- Valid medical certificate (ENG1)
- The ability to plan and organise effectively, ensuring communication is consistently provided across the operation.
- The confidence to make decisions as and when required, with strong leadership skills.
- A drive and determination to achieve the highest level of care, safety and customer service.
To apply please click the apply button below to be redirected to our vacancies page and apply for the role 'Mate VAC1367'.